Friday, March 25, 2011

Money is Time

Here I want to expound on a previous vlog where I had slightly touched upon how the experience of writers will be like in an equal money system in which everyone is provided with a basic income (equal money system).

Writers in an Equal Money System !

So – today I want to look at my experience of writing in relation to ‘time’ – this was many years ago when I had taken on the project to write a novel. When studying art (at Sint Lukas in Brussels) I often read about how artists would have this amazing ‘life-style’ wherein they were able to be at an optimum level of productivity. For instance I would read about how artists would literally ‘work’ all day on their art-work – as if that was the only thing that mattered in the world…

So – this is a ‘urge’ that exists in many artists: to be able to be productive beyond measure… There exists like a point of perfection within that.

In my case, I experienced such moments when I had my holydays in between the school years: because I could afford to not work – and one time I was allowed to be ‘alone at home’ with my two sisters only, while my parents were on their holiday in Spain. So, these were quite unique conditions from the perspective of the ‘space and support’ I was given to be able to literally do what I wanted. I choose to spend all my time writing. I sat hours and hours in front of a pc – writing the story – and I had given myself a deadline and a number of pages that would have had to be completed by the end of the summer, so I was writing against the clock as well and preferably I would write at least one whole page a day (that may not seem like much, but I was a real perfectionist), which was an amazing experience at the end of the day – to really be satisfied with my labor.

I never experienced this point again later on. Though one thing was certain: I wanted to be able to work like this, with such freedom, for the rest of my life…

This is why I support an Equal Money System, because at the moment the majority of human beings are not even able to consider that such support would be possible – if only we agreed to a system based on equality and respect for life, in which everyone is considered and valued.

Because if you really look at it, what made my experience possible is money an money only... Money is currently the problem in this world because of the disfunctional belief that life is worthless and therefore human beings should suffer and struggle their whole lif to survive in a system that values money over life... Would YOU like this current system to continue into eternity? Did you know that every signle day 20.000 children die from sarvation while there is actualy more than enough resources and capacity to feed and support everyone?

If could all coëxist together and stop all this harm and abuse - wouldn't you like to know about that ???

A real life support system is possible – investigate how…

http://equalmoney.org
Gabriël

No comments: