Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Power of Writing

In the plane I was reading a newspaper article about a woman and how she is using writing to ‘discover’ herself… So – I would like to give some practical pointers to everyone who would like to ‘discover themselves’ through writing.

A first thing to consider is that you do not want to write down your thoughts – as in: whatever pops up in your head and that you ‘feel you should express’. Now, many will find that to be impossible, because: “How else do I express myself other than with and through thoughts!” The suggestion here is to then start with writing self-forgiveness, which is an easy tool/application to use and when one do it effectively – the experience is quite liberating…

This is done as follows: “I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that I can only express myself in and through thoughts”/ “I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that I am my thoughts and that without thoughts I cannot exist.”/ “I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself in and through the act of thinking” / “I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to speak to myself in and as my mind as thoughts believing that I am actually communicating”…

What you will experience initially is a release as you write out your self-forgiveness and at the same time also like an inner pressure/discomfort – this indicates that you need to ‘push further’ and ‘go deeper’ with your self-forgiveness until you find the point/belief that is limiting you/holding you back. What I also suggest is to – especially initially – to speak the written self-forgiveness out loud as well because that will assist you with really ‘clearing’ yourself ‘sound-wise’ (because you are literally speaking the words out loud and in your ‘sound’ you will be able to hear whether you are clear or if further self-forgiveness is required).

So – to all those who are now thinking: what the fuck does self-forgiveness have to do with expressing myself/discovering myself through writing? Though, trust me on this one: if you are serious about it you will have ‘results guaranteed’, as I myself have been applying this for many years now. However – what you will note within the application of SF is that you actually need to be self-honest about what you forgive yourself for. Because if it’s not done unconditionally, as a realization of self, you will only mind-fuck yourself.

So – if you are interested in finding out what self-expression really means – I suggest give self-forgiveness a shot FOR ONE WEEK – and join me in walking this process of realizing who we really are as life – if you dare…

For further back-ground on self-forgiveness and self-honesty: www.desteni.co.za
Desteni I process: www.desteniiprocess.com

Gabriël

4 comments:

Larys said...

Cool post

bella said...

Let's Breathe and Walk Together

Rozelle de Lange said...

Thanks for sharing - Yes let's Breathe and Walk togther

moor said...

PEACE AND LOVE GABRIEL.